Subject: Implementation Status Matrix

All --

I had an action item to do this.  I borrowed basic idea from SVG.  Any
comments on layout or contents?  (It comes as no surprise that Loft-Soft is
way out in front of everyone, on his implementation.)

Vendors --

We should start to get quantitative now.  I will accept vendor input and
manually construct the initial version.  Thereafter, I think I'll employ
some automation (e.g., you will send me a 1-column table or some XML
markup, and I'll make an XSLT script to merge into a single table).

1.) tell me what info you want for your line(s) in the Implementation table.
2.) tell me your status on the various test cases.

I think, initially, we should go with one viewer/product per vendor -- give
results for your best, unless your case is unusual, like two viewers that
collectively do it all, and have no overlap (!).

One other question:  do we (someday) want to explode the table to quantify
by sub-tests?

Cheers,
-Lofton.
Title: WebCGM 2.0 Test Suite & Implementation Matrix

WebCGM 2.0 Test Suite & Implementation Matrix

Release 0.9 - 29 June 2005

This document describes the results of WebCGM 2.0 implementations tested against the WebCGM 2.0 Test Suite. The goal is to demonstrate that every part of the WebCGM 2.0 specification (currently approaching 2nd CD) can be and has been implemented. (For this, each test must be passed by at least one implementation.)

This does not cover all WebCGM 2.0 features. Currently, it only covers the new DOM-related and XCF features.

Each of the DOM/XCF tests consists of a number of sub-tests -- typically about 5 sub-tests per test. The sub-tests (about 100 currently) are not individually reported in this version of the matrix.

Implementations Tested

The following table lists the implementations that are covered by the test results.

Company Name** Product Version Platform
Loft-Soft LLC Loft-Soft WorldsBestViewer 0.0 Windows XP
Viewer_2
Viewer_3
Viewer_4
Viewer_5

** Nickname used for the viewer in the below tables (to distinguish multiple viewers from a Company).

Legend

Type Description
Ok Implementation passes test
Fail Implementation does not pass test
Partial Implementation passes part of the test, but not enough to give a full pass.
Unknown The implementation has not been tested.

WebCGM 2.0 DOM/XCF Test Results

Test Name Loft-Soft Viewer_2 Viewer_3 Viewer_4 Viewer_5
AppAttContent Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-interactivity Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-layerdesc Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-layername Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-linkuri Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-name Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-region Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-screentip Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-visibility Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
AppStructure-viewcontext Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
CGM_Metafile Fail Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
Node-aps Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
Node-attr Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
NodeList Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
Node-metadata Partial Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
Node-ns Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
Node-pic Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
StyleAttributes-picture Ok Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
StyleAttributes-APS (pending) -- -- -- -- --
StyleAttributes-combo (unassigned) -- -- -- -- --
Node-text (pending) -- -- -- -- --
WebCGMEvent (pending?) -- -- -- -- --
Grnode-Interact (unassigned) -- -- -- -- --
Authors: CGM Open WebCGM TC
Comments to: WebCGM TC home page
Last Updated: $Date: Wednesday 29 June 2005 - 16:38:45$