Subject: WDOM Version? [was Re: [cgmo-webcgm] 5.7.2 getAppName() and getAppVersion()]

This raises an interesting question.  How does an application know the
version of the WDOM standard that the underlying implementation
supports?  E.g., how does an app. figure out if it is dealing with WDOM 2.0
or WDOM 2.1 (which might add some interfaces or properties or ...), and
maybe include conditional code accordingly?

Okay, the information might be implicit in getAppVersion, but that is
implementation-dependent.  I'm wondering if there is, or should be, an
implementation-independent way.

I haven't checked DOM2 or DOM3, or SVG DOM.  Does anyone know offhand, how
(or if) they deal with it?

-Lofton.