Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] WDOM Version? [was Re: [cgmo-webcgm] 5.7.2 getAppName() and getAppVersion()]

Hi Lofton,

There's a hasFeature in the DOMImplementation interface,
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#ID-5CED94D7

Although the intention is good, it is rarely used. Script writers
don't go into the trouble querying the implementation; or the
implementation is not accurate about its feature set.

Most script out there will simply do 'if IE > 5.5' or 'Netscape > 7.0'
then ...