Subject: QUESTION. "direct child" or "descendant"?

3.2.1.5.  Grnode
----------
"...'grnode' is not interactive; i.e., it does not receive mouse events.
The content of a 'grnode' can however be interactive if it [the grnode] is
a direct child of a 'grobject', 'para' or 'subpara'".

Do we really mean "direct child"?  5.7.10 says, "An application structure
of type 'grnode' or 'layer' cannot be a target of a mouse event. Instead,
if the mouse pointer was over a 'grnode' when the event occurred; its
closest ancestor object of type 'grobject', 'para' or 'subpara' will be
designated as the target element."

I guess the wording of 3.2.1.5 was chosen that way so that the containing
'grobject' would tightly contain the 'grnode', like this

grnobject go1
     grnode gn1
         [...]
     /grnode
/grobject

and look effectively to be the same object as the containing
'grobject'.  As opposed to gn1 in something like this:

grobject go1
     grnode gn0
         [...]
         grnode gn1
             [...]
         /grnode
         grnode gn2
             [...]
         /grnode
     /grnode
/grobject

Opt.1:  leave it as is.
Opt.2:  change to something like, "...can effectively appear to be
interactive if it is a direct child of ..."
Opt.3:  change to something like, "...can effectively appear to be
interactive if it is a descendant of ..."

Thoughts?