Subject: Re[3]: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: should no-target-object block event dispatch?

Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 10:00:28 AM, Lofton wrote:

LH> Thanks for the clarification, Benoit.
No problem.

LH> One more question (or actually two more):

LH> Why did we move addEventListener to the Metafile interface?  Was that an
LH> attempt to take care of onload events, or was there another motivation?
I don't see how answering these questions improves the situation.
(Honestly I don't quite remember exactly, but I think it's beside the
point).

LH> Is that now made moot by the 'onload' PARAM of the 'object' element?
I'm not sure, but the questions were about duplication of bullets and
events being dispatched to specific objects. I gave my view on this; I
don't think we should re-visit the location of addEventListener
(unless someone has an implementation issue).

LH> Other implementors:  your feedback would be interesting.
I agree with Lofton, it would be nice to hear from others.