Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] "null" to "empty string"

At 09:34 AM 9/7/2005 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>I'm not sure what the solution is. Our spec is not worse than the XML
>DOM spec; and people are able to work with it.
>
>I may or may not come up with a proposal, depends if I find the time
>for it.

How about this:

Use "empty string".  Everywhere that it occurs, link it to a (new)
discussion in "Basic data types", that says what "empty string" means in
the binding-independent context.  (Then in Appendix F, say what it means in
ECMAScript.)

Similarly for "null" (for WebCGMNode).

Similarly for .... WebCGMNodeList.

-Lofton.