Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] QUESTION: ban 0x09, 0x0A, 0x0D from 'name' ?

Dave, do you have the 9/21 telecon minutes?  Needed for...

At 10:50 AM 10/4/2005 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
Did we get more feedback on this? was it discussed at the telecon?

9/21, it was on the agenda.  From my rough notes, I'm thinking that we agreed without any dissent.  Agreed to what?  Good question...

This is essentially removing any whitespaces from 'name'.

No, blank (0x20) is still allowed, so this is still a valid 'name' ApsAttr value:
"my group of objects"

They would
become deprecated?

That would be the logical thing.  But deprecated means:  "prohibited in 2.0 content; legal in 1.0 content, and 2.0 viewers that support 1.0 must support it."

Another option would be to treat is as an erratum in 1.0.  The practical implications of erratum are probably zero.  Has anyone ever seen a 1.0 file with a 'name' ApsAttr that contains a newline or tab in the middle of the name?  It would be a really perverse thing to do!  Anyone who tries it should not have high hopes of getting any particular expected result.

-Lofton.