Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: relative URIs in 'linkuri'

Hi Benoit,

At 12:15 PM 10/4/2005 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
Maybe this was discussed on the telecon;

Yes, and resolved as recommended in...
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200509/msg00101.html

This led to the change that 3.1.1.5 mentions absolute and relative, clarifies how 'relative' is resolved (in the obvious manner).  Further, 3.2.2.3 needs no change -- we thought it was obvious, if #myObjId is the entire URI in a linkuri 1st parameter within a WebCGM instance, that it is resolved relative to that WebCGM instance.

Finally, no one raised the question about clarifying the same stuff in DOM transaction or XCF application -- I think everyone is comfortable that the concept is clear, as you explain below, that either of those two scenarios "virtually" replace the 'linkuri' in the WebCGM instance.

Do you think anything more is needed to close this?  (And if 'yes', would you please supply the wording?)

-Lofton.

but here are my thoughts
anyway...

I don't understand what the problem is; or what is meant by 'linkuri'.
'linkuri' the WebCGM 1.0/2.0 APS attribute; or <linkuri> element of
the XCF?

If we are talking about the WebCGM 1.0/2.0 APS attribute, then this is
easy, relative URIs should behave in 2.0 liked they behaved in WebCGM
1.0. I'm sure you'll all agree.

I suspect Dieter was talking about the <linkuri> element of the XCF.
Please don't forget that applying an XCF onto a WebCGM document is
'replacing' the existing WebCGM APS attribute values with the new ones
found in the XCF. When an implementation sees:

<grobject apsid="one">
  <linkuri uri="#myObject" />
<grobject>

The string '#myObject' is set within the 'one' APS, like so:
BEGAPS 'one' 'grobject' STLIST;
  APSATTR 'linkuri' "14 3 '#myObject' '' ''";
  BEGAPSBODY;
ENDAPS;

And the hyperlinking behavior of such a file should be well defined
(as per WebCGM 1.0).

 Benoit   mailto:benoit@itedo.com