Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] DOM Exceptions -- unfinished item

 This is what I remember also.  I am fine with this as well.

--
Stuart Galt
SGML Resource Group
stuart.a.galt@boeing.com
(206) 544-9925

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Bezaire [mailto:benoit@itedo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:32 AM
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Lofton,

I think we can remove the exceptions that are unused (DOM doesn't use
them either but they've kept them in anyway).

I'm fine with keeping WEBCGMSTRING_SIZE_ERR, it's probably a good one.

If my memory is not failing me, we agreed to no exception on
style/attribute APS, but instead to add wording that out-of-range values
would be clipped.

Monday, October 10, 2005, 7:46:23 PM, Lofton wrote:

LH> All --

LH> Here is a loose end that didn't get entirely reflected in the CD2
LH> text -- DOM exceptions.

LH> 1.) Stuart did a study, and Benoit commented on it [1]:
LH> [1]
LH> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200508/msg00074.htm

LH> 2.) Early September, with CD2 drop-dead looming, I asked Benoit for
LH> final editing directives. He sent a message, I compared to current
LH> Editors draft spec and found differences. We sorted out some of the
differences, but not all.

LH> 3.) Attached HTML table is the current status, CD2 text versus
LH> Benoit/Stuart recommendations. Notes:
LH>     * 3 defined exceptions are unused;
LH>     * no BB/SG position on the single WEBCGMSTRING_SIZE_ERR;
LH>     * apparent consensus on removal of NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR
LH> from
LH> WebCGMNode.setAttributeNS()
LH> 4.) Did we have a consensus, discussing [1] in telecon, that we
LH> would *not* define new exceptions for the methods that set SPs and
LH> AAs, if either the style/attribute did not exist, or if the value
was invalid/out-of-range?