Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] ACTION: Interface examples

All --

At 02:18 AM 10/11/2005 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
On Oct 7, Lofton uploaded an editors draft to 2nd CD. (See
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/download.php/14
826/WebCGM20-20051007.zip)
 In that document at 5.7.5 Lofton included the example for the
WebCGMPicture Interface supplied by Benoit. (See attachements)

Please have a look at 5.7.5, right after the IDL...

I only partially integrated the example.  The HTML code is listed.  At the bottom is a link, that Benoit suggests should be linked to the external HTML file (ex-picture.htm), with "target='_blank'" on the link.  This is the way SVG does examples.  [Right now, the link only goes to email discussing the example, because I was out of time and needed to post the editor's draft.]

So it now looks like...
View this example as HTML-CGM
(WebCGM-enabled browsers only.)

I'm fine with this, but have a question about whether we ought to somehow provide a reference image, or result description, for browsers that are NOT WebCGM enabled (or whose WebCGM implementation is wrong)?

Probably more useful (at least in this particular simple example) would be brief description of what the example illustrates, "Upon loading of the HTML document, this example uses a method on the WebCGMPicture interface to change the CGM background to a blue-gray color."

Thoughts?

So example writers should provide:
-- HTML/ECMAScript code for the example
-- accompanying CGM file
-- brief description and/or reference pic (tbd)