Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] QUESTION: cascading profile

Hi all,

What we decided is the replacement of the refloc attribute by linkuri at grobject level.

Then there are the companion files:
	- the ATA XCF version of the companion file on which I have been assigned an action to propose a DTD. In this framework It may also possible to directly the linkuri attribute. However, most of the time in our application and publishing process it is not possible to know the precise link at authoring time. The use of ata:refloc zttribute containing the business reference (like see IPC 23-24-24) may enable us to calculate within our consiltation application (PMA, AirN@v) to calculate a correct URI to be loaded in the CGM through the API.
	- the ATA SGML companion file (since GRExchange 2.10) designed for the exchange of business data together with graphics related information in order to enable complete Interactive Graphics Data Exchange and publishing systems leveraging. In this one, it may be that we keep the refloc in order to be consistent with iSpec 2200 business DTDs. But this is not to be taken into account by vendors for the viewing solution.

My view on the convergence with WebCGM is that if we can reach a state where there is no "graphical primitives difference" with WebCGM 2.0 will enable good implementation for everybody. We still need to discuss the subject for metafile description (some ideas were discussed in the mail thread related to "Cascading profile"; contributor Dieter, Dave and I).

Greetings from the windy and rainy US northeast ;-P

Regards,

Franck DULUC
Technical Data Research Manager
Customer Services - SDND