Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] WebCGMAttr example

Hi Forrest,

At 02:38 PM 10/25/2005 -0500, Forrest Carpenter wrote:
[...]

One of my assignments is to write an example for the WebCGMAttr. I am not sure what this does; there are no examples in the test suite. Does anyone have an example? Has anyone implemented this?

I see a Node-attr test -- Node-attr.htm, .cgm, .png, .xml -- on the FTP site.  However, looking at the HTML, I see it only tests the methods and attributes of the WebCGMNode interface, for nodeType 5.  (See code early on, "if (a.nodeType == 5)..."

The WebCGMAttr interface (derives from WebCGMNode of course) only adds these three attributes:
name (RO), value (RW), ownerNode (RO).

So perhaps you could modify Node-attr to make a simple example/test, and we could then indeed check to see who has implemented the interface.   'ownerNode', for example, is unique functionality to WebCGMAttr (while name and value are accessible through both interfaces).