Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Question: object onload param

Hi Lofton,

As far as I can remember:

 - the initial intent was just to have an onload event (plain and
 simple).
 - then we realized that by the time a user added the onload event
 listener, the CGM was done loading (the event was dispatched too
 late). (this is happening because scripts are always executed on the
 outside).
 - so we opted for the 'onload' object param, which lets
 implementation more options on when to dispatch the event.
 - now it turns out that the spec is unclear, is the 'onload' event
 dispatch when IE is done parsing the 'object' tag or is it
 dispatched when a WebCGM illustration is loaded.
 - note 1: it is possible to parse the 'object' tag without loading a
 CGM file (ex: no 'data' attribute on the object tag)
 - note 2: 'onload' being dispatched after a CGM file is loaded
 _could_ imply that it is dispatched every time the 'src' attribute is
 changed.

 I hope this recaps well the situation.

 I think the way forward is to nail down what is most useful for the
 users.