Subject: Re[3]: [cgmo-webcgm] Question: object onload param

Implementors (vendors) better wake up and look at this one...

At 12:29 PM 12/12/2005 -0500, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>Friday, December 9, 2005, 5:41:08 PM, you wrote:
>[...]
> > When you say "loaded", do you mean:
>
> > a.) loaded-but-not-yet-displayed?
> > b.) or loaded and displayed?
>I'm not sure I can go into those specifics... Some implementations may
>do progressive rendering. I think ideally it would be loaded but not
>yet displayed; but that may not be possible for all implementations.
>[...]
> > ii.) does "load" imply "load-and-display"?
>... I think it may be difficult to force implementations
>to support a 'pause' between the loading, script execution and
>display.

What I have heard, from users (most recently Stuart, in this thread), is a
requirement for pre-display manipulation through the DOM.  Therefore, there
must be a load, pause (call any 'onload' handler), display.

If this is a user requirement, then "progressive rendering" may not be
possible for a conforming implementation, and it may be required that an
implementation must 'pause' (as you said above).

Implementors:  do any vendors object?
Users:  is pre-display DOM access and manipulation a requirement?