Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Error in nurbs01 test

Lofton,

Attached is the PNG file that I used.  It's in my local WebCGM 2.0 test
suite directory dated 1/25/2006, so it must have been on the FTP site at one
time.  I quickly glanced through your recent emails to the group, and I
don't think you ever emailed it directly to us.  In any event, the image in
my NURBS01.png file looks perfectly circular to me.  It sounds like it might
be the same PNG file that you describe as having in your working directory.

To answer your last two questions, I do expect to see the extra bulge that
you describe.  However, as I've told you before, I'm not a NURBS expert, so
I have no idea how *much* bulge should be present.  It is difficult to
discern in the reduced-size version that you sent.  I had to print both
files at exact size, hold them up to my window, and look through them one on
top of the other to see the difference.

If this PNG file is accurate (I'll leave that up to the NURBS experts), then
I don't think this is a very effective test.  Users viewing the test through
the test harness will likely think the test passed regardless of whether the
viewer applied the weights or not.  We need a test where the weights make a
dramatic difference on the shape of the curve.  Note that the nurbs02 test
has all of the weights equal to 1.0, so it is a NUBS in NURBS clothing.

Regards,

Rob