Subject: CR transition approved

CGM Open --

I'm happy to report that the W3C transition to CR was approved Tuesday
morning.  The transition was announced this morning:
http://www.w3.org/#x20060906a

Here is the CR specification:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-webcgm20-20060906/

Congratulations to everyone who has worked on WebCGM -- we're getting close!

What next?  Well, CR ends in a month (6 Oct) and then we transition to
PR.  At that point, the work comes back into OASIS for parallel completion
in the two organizations.

The first step in OASIS will be a new CS ballot, to endorse the changes
that happened since Submission (which we have all been following and/or
involved with in any case).  We will try to pre-arrange this, in advance,
and get the OASIS-formatted spec ready, so that it can start asap after the
W3C PR transition.

Cheers,