Subject: Fwd: RE: Problem with WebCGM profile checking in MetaCheck

All,

Rob Orosz and Peter Bono had a disagreement about MetaCheck diagnosis of
some SF string limits in a 'linkuri'.

At the end of some analysis and dialog, copied below, there is agreement that:

-- CGM:1999 has some really muddled (confusing and incomplete)
specifications in clause 9 and in the PPF.
-- WebCGM 1.0 perpetuated these, as did WebCGM 2.0

I think we have agreement that fixing it starts with a CGM:1999 defect
correction.  Eventually then, we will make an erratum in W3C for WebCGM
1.0, and an erratum in both W3C & OASIS for WebCGM 2.0.  Meanwhile, Peter
Bono will fix MetaCheck to test for the *intended* rules.

We can try to get this second, simple defect report to Dick Puk by
Friday.  I can have the text ready, I think.  If you care about this one,
please read the dialog below and be prepared to give your opinions at the
Wednesday AM telecon.