Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: font interchange/mapping

All,

We definitely need font scaling that only applies to non restricted text.
There are still many files that do not view as intended by the generating
application that require adjustments in the width of the text string.

Regards,
Forrest

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 11:30 AM
To: Cruikshank, David W; CGM Open WebCGM TC

At 02:49 PM 1/6/2008 -0800, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>Font mapping will be specified using an XML DTD

I'm fine with that (or any other reasonable proposal).  But I'm curious
where/when we decided it?  I can't find the resolution referenced here in
the Issues matrix, for example:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26654/WebCGM-2_1_issues_re
solution_matrix_V3.doc

>Do we need to account for font scaling as part of the mapping?
>
>My feeling is no.  We (Boeing) had a problem in the past based on some
>unusual fonts, but that has been corrected.  Are there more examples to
>support the need for scaling?

In the software that HSI built, we added scaling to the font mapping
file.  We must have found need for it, to spend the programming
resources.  I can't remember any details.

>generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in
OASIS