Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: declarative animation

At 03:45 PM 1/6/2008 -0800, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>I would propose we defer this from WebCGM 2.1 to a later release.

I'm a little uneasy that we simply say "later", without any further
specific action items.  It seems to be a prescription for just forgetting
about it.  That may in fact happen anyway.

But at one time we thought there was enough requirement that we seriously
considered squeezing it into 2.1.  However we judged that it is too big for
the timeframe of the 2.1 specifications and implementations.

Would it make sense to come up with some sort of collection of milestones
-- summarizing the requirements and sketching out some potential features
-- so that it continues to progress, even if it doesn't make it into 2.1 OS
and REC?