Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] draft text- CGM gzip compression

At 03:59 AM 3/10/2008 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>I think that's the best solution (T13.1).  It makes it normative and
>makes it a profile requirement.  Simple..

I agree.  Unless someone objects, that ISSUE is resolved.

Don asks two QUESTIONS at the end of this:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200803/msg00013.html

Someone please propose answers.  I'm unsure how the pieces fit together,
and how the MIME registered types fits with WebCGM requirement to support
GZIP with suggested filename extension of .cgz.

(Question of my own:  can a "data sniffer" detect that a given file is GZIP
compressed, without being told about it in the HTTP protocol?  I think we
discussed this and answered "yes" some time ago.)

-Lofton.