Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Updated DTD and sample instance

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm not convinced this
will help interoperability. I'm referring mostly to the font mapping
section.

Are there any restrictions on the content of <cgmFont>?
Are there any restrictions on the content of <displayFont>?

Are the problems mainly when going from Unix to Windows (and vice
versa)?
What's a typical (frequent) scenario?

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Cruikshank, David W [mailto:david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:23 PM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] Updated DTD and sample instance

I found a problem in the WebCGM configuration DTD, fixed it, and created
sample instance to demonstrate its usage.

The instance is made up using some of the PTC font mapping table and
some Boeing settings for the style properties.

I have not incorporated scaling of the font glyphs in the x and y
direction yet, but will do that at the mapping level.

The font mapping was set up only to be used by viewers.  I could extend
it to cover both import and export, so it could be applied to
illustrating packages (thoughts?)

Thx...Dave
 <<webcgmConfig.dtd>>  <<myconfig.xml>>

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange Boeing Commercial
Airplane 206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734 david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com