Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Re: Status of proposed joint approval process WebCGM 2.1

At 04:38 PM 3/27/2008 -0700, James Bryce Clark wrote:
>To WebCGM TC members:
>
>Eduardo Gutentag (our interim President) asked me also to remind you
>that the OASIS TC can send liaisons to the W3C working group at any
>time, including immediately, under our Liaison Policy.

Understood, thanks for pointing that out.

Right now, the W3C WG is somewhat quiescent, as the renewal process for the
W3C Graphics Activity and its three WGs is in progress.  Also, expecting
the 2.1 plan to mirror our 2.0 collaboration scheme, the WG (whose
membership highly overlaps the TC) is expecting the TC to take the first
step on 2.1 -- hand-off of CS text.

>He also asked me to
>confirm that he expects the MoU modifications to be minimal, and
>completed no later than our next regular Board meeting.  Thanks and
>regards

Absolutely minimal.  Wisely, the legal types wrote the MoU in anticipation
of future work...

In clause 5, the MoU anticipated re-use for WebCGM 2.1 (or any future
WebCGM version) and specified the creation and inclusion of a small annex
to specify its name and version number, for inclusion under the provisions
of the MoU.

Per our earlier discussion, this should require no more than 1-2 brief
sentences to be added, as the complete contents of the new annex.  (If more
detail is desired, I'll pull out and forward the text suggestions from our
dialog of earlier this year.)