Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] getStyleProperty test

Forrest,

I agree that it is a bit fuzzy... 5.7.5 says that if that attribute value is not explicitly set then a empty string is returned.  It also points you to the inheritance model in 5.4.   If I interpret how CSS would do things correctly I think that you would return an empty string.

I think that maybe we should add a line that states the the value returned is the specified value at the node or
an empty string if it isn't explicitly set?

--
Stuart Galt
SGML Resource Group
stuart.a.galt@boeing.com
(206) 544-3656

From: Forrest Carpenter [mailto:forrest@sdicgm.com]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 8:48 AM
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cgmo-webcgm] getStyleProperty test

All,

We are working on the getStyleProperty tests and have come across something that I am not sure how to handle. For example if you set the stroke color to #FF0000 of a parent and get the style property of one of it’s children that the stroke color has not been set, what value do you return? #FF0000 or an empty string.

Thanks,

Forrest