Subject: re: [cgmo-webcgm] ACTION: preliminary test designs

Dave,

Attached is my prelimanry design for the ACI and Z-Compression tests
for review.

Don

 >  As discussed during the telecon today, we will shift the due date for
 >  the review of test designs to July 16th.  Each of the people responsible
 >  for tests needs to submit, via email, a short description of the design
 >  for their tests before the next telecon (hopefully not Tuesday night).

 >  Substring hotspots - Dave/Stuart
 >          Test for support for closing and opening APS in Text
 >  Open State
 >          Test for link activation on a substring
 >          Test for screentip on a substring
 >          Test initial and final substrings (note requires null
 >  strings)
 >          Test substring as a target of a link
 >          Test getApsExtent for a substring

 >  DOM/XCF style properties - Forrest/Benoit
 >          7 new style properties
 >          Need a test that covers each of these for APS and
 >  picture
 >          Packaged in either 2 or 3 tests.  Something like fill
 >  offset in a test by itself in case we have to remove it.
 >  All seven in 1 file or seven files?  Forrest will determine how to
 >  package.

 >          getStyleProperty test - Forrest
 >          setView test - Benoit
 >          line animation test - Forrest

 >  Geometric transformation - Benoit/Ulrich
 >          Tests for scale method, rotate method, translate method,
 >  and transform at APS.
 >          Test for both combine and replace
 >          A couple of nested transforms. to check ctm
 >          getTransform test and getCtm test
 >          animation test

 >  Font mapping (aci file) - Dave/Stuart
 >          Test for defaultFont element
 >          Test a cgm file with an "unsupported" font (w/font
 >  properties) and use a mapping file to map to something unique and
 >  recognizable
 >          Test unconditional font mapping
 >          Test multiple font mapping options (Airbus' list)

 >  Default attributes (aci) - Don
 >          Probably need a static test for line/edge type cont
 >  before we put a test in here
 >          Probably need a static test for anything that we don't
 >  already have - hatch style, restricted text type, line/edge type
 >  continuation (dave?)

 >  z-compression - Don
 >          1 test of a compressed cgm file

 >  Get object extents - Stuart
 >          Test getObjectExtent
 >          Test getObjectExtent on a transformed object
 >          Test getObjectExtent on an APS with no primitives
 >          Test getObjectExtent on an APS containing text.

 >  Redraw control - Ulrich
 >          Put it on "postpone", do a bunch of style properties,
 >  and turn it to "now", then turn it back to "postpone"

 >  Rob will compare the current static tests with the profile requirements
 >  to make sure everything is covered in the tests.

 >  Please submit a short description of the test deisgn to the TC mailing
 >  list.

 >  Thx....Dave
 >  Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
 >  Boeing Commercial Airplane
 >  206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734
 >  david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com

> [...]
The basic presentation format for the ACI tests, will be a CGM on the
left with the ACI file applied and a PNG image on the right showing
the expected appearance. Below the image will be a description of the
test with diagnostic details.

1. fontMap element test
	This test will exercise both the defaultFont and mapList elements
	and the ability of the viewer to locate an ACI file with recommended
	ACI file search path.

	To test defaultFont, the base CGM file will reference "my Crazy Unique Font"
	and the CGM displayed with and without and ACI file with default font=Arial.

	To test mapList, a CGM file with a fontlist containing and also referencing
	Helvetica, Courier and Times Roman will be used.

	a mapList will remap these fonts Helvetica=Courier, Courier=Times Roman,
	Times= Helvetica.

2. defaultAttributes element test(s)
	This is group of tests that will exercise the various default elements,
	i.e. lineCap, edgeCap, lineJoin, edgeJoin.....hatchStyleDef. CGMs will
	be created that contains the various CGM primitives with defaulted
	attributes that can be overridden in an ACI file. Care will be taken
	when creating these test CGMs so attributes are defaulted as per Metafile
	Defaults and not explicitly defined.

	2.1 test lineCap, lineJoin, lineTypeCont, edgeCap, edgeJoin, edgeTypeCont
	and MitreLimit. The target CGM will contain a Polyline and Polygon. The
	Polyline will have DASH line type so that all 3 attributes are exhibited.
	The Polygon with have visible edge so that all 3 edge attributes are
	exhibited.
	A 2nd Polyline will be displayed with SOLID line type so that MitreLimit
	before and after default is clear.

	2.2 test Restricted Text Type. A CGM with 7 Restricted Text primitives
	will be displayed with 6 having each of the 6 restricted text types.
	The 7th Restricted Text will be defaulted.  The ACI will then change
	the default and only the 7th should change.

	2.3 test lineEdgeTypeDef. A CGM with a Polyline and a Polygon (with
	visible edge) using default line and edge type (SOLID) will be
	displayed. The ACI file will define a lineEdgeTypeDef that has a
	dashed pattern which should change the appearance of the Polyline
	and Polygon edge.

	2.4 test hatchStyleDef- A CGM with a Polygon and standard hatch type
	1 will be displayed. The ACI  file will define a hatchStyleDef that
	differs from hatch type 1.

3. z-compression test

	A Compressed CGM with the extension ".cgz" will be displayed is the
	left frame and the CGM as it should appear is displayed on the right.