Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Initial draft of test suite reviewer instructions.

Hi Rob,

Looks good to me.  I think people who have test review assignments can start using it to guide their reviews, even if we do some minor tuning.

Just a couple comments...

1.) "should not invent new styles" -- at least, they shouldn't diverge *arbitrarily* from previous tests of similar subject matter.  There may be cases where a new style is in order (I don't know now if there are any such).  So maybe append "without good cause."

2.) I don't have a strong feeling for standardizing on a particular DTD for HTML or XHTML (although I generally lean towards the latter.) We probably have a mixture now in 2.0.  (A spot check shows a new20 test uses HTML 4.0.)  Thoughts, anyone?

3.) The 2nd-last bullet is probably clear to everyone, but if not ... what we mean is that the displayed result of running the test should have sufficient information to interpret the results, and especially to judge pass/fail, etc.  (I.e., ideally one should not have to consult another document to interpret the result.)

4.) "tests should be atomic..." -- I would suggest s/tests/tests or their subtests/.  We have allowed a single test to step interactively though a sequence of a few atomic subtests in past work.  That seems reasonable, as long as it is not taken to extreme.

Thanks,
-Lofton.