Subject: AW: [cgmo-webcgm] scale transform

Forrest,

We agree with your request.  In our scale test we earlier used VDC.  Now, with rewriting the test, we should follow the route that you proposed.  The move-scale-move operation is odd in any case.

Regards

Ulrich

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Forrest Carpenter [mailto:forrest@sdicgm.com]
Gesendet: Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:26 AM
An: 'WebCGM'
Betreff: [cgmo-webcgm] scale transform

All,

If it not too late, I think we need to add a point in NVDCs to the scale function. In a use case, you might want to enlarge an APS around a point to show more detail while leaving other parts of the drawing unchanged. The simplest method to do this in VDCs is to do a translate such that the point is at (0,0), do the scale transform and then a translate that would move the point back to it’s original position. Using NVDCs, you cannot do this unless you have a method of translating the (0,0) in VDCs to NVDCs. Currently there is no DOM function that would enable a user to compute the location in NVDCs of the (0,0) point in the CGM. To fix this we could add a point to the scale function or add functions that would return the location of (0,0) in NVDCs.

Regards,

Forrest