Subject: AW: [cgmo-webcgm] Fwd: proposed changes to ACI chapter

Hi Lofton,

I have no objections regarding the proposed changes.

Regards

Ulrich

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Mai 2009 20:17
An: CGM Open WebCGM TC

Hi TC --

Attention/Action non-WG members:  Forrest, Rob, Ulrich, Franck

If you have been following the progress in the WG, you will know that it is

planning to start 2nd LCWD review around 04 June.  You will also have noted

that Dave got an action item, with a small task-team, to triple/quadruple

check Ch.9 (ACI) and its DTD.

The good news is that it is now solid, as far as 4 sets of critical eyes

can determine.  However, during the review a somewhat useless and "silly"

construct was noted.  Dave and his team are unanimous that it should be

changed now before 2nd LCWD.  It is an easy change, and does not affect the

test suite.

The WG has quickly assembled (via email) its unanimous approval for making

the change:

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009May/0009.html

As the Process works now, that is actually all that is required to

implement it and start the 2nd LCWD review.  However, the work eventually

comes back to the TC, as we all know.  Therefore I want to know now if

there is any objection to the change within the TC.  I don't expect there

will be, but if there is, then I will carry any critical comments to the WG

before the changes are implemented.

ACTION:  Non-WG members please reply:  do you agree with the WG-proposed

changes outlined in [1]?  Or do you disagree, with specific comments

(enumerate them please)?

Thanks,