Subject: RE: [cgmopen-members] Resources & Products

Lofton,

I agree with any of these approaches, for the following reasons:

1. this is what we have now, so no discussion
2. this is what we have now, because all vendor members have a link on their
name
3. makes most sense: informative description without marketing spin like
"best of ..." etc
4. I would agree to this also, however, this may bring too much sales
oriented stuff to the CGMO website.

So I vote for 3.

Best regards,

Dieter

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2002 18:42
To: cgmopen-members@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cgmopen-members] Resources & Products

CGM Open Members --

I would like your thoughts on an idea that was raised and discussed again
at Orlando:  vendor CGM products referenced from a section of the
"Resources" page on our web site.

This was discussed a while ago (Newport Beach meeting?), and we concluded
that we didn't want to be putting web pages of product specific stuff on
the site.  But that doesn't mean we couldn't create a reference section,
for example.

Possibilities:

1.) nothing:  as now, only member links from "Members" page (for all
members)
2.) minimal:  from a ../resource/ page, links to vendor members who have
CGM products
3.) moderate:  on a ../resource/ page, listings of vendor product names,
with brief (1 sentence) description, and links to member sites for
details.  Could be:  by vendor, by product type (viewer, editor,
transcoder, toolkit, ...), or a combination.
4.) maximal:  the full-info idea that was rejected at Newport Beach

What are your preferences?

Regards,
-Lofton.
(CGM Open Program Director)