Subject: Re: OASIS - Technology Services memo 25.5.01.a

/ Jeffrey Lomas <jeff.lomas@oasis-open.org> was heard to say:
| Those Technical Committees still wishing to do their own web authoring
| should make it known to Karl Best and myself. Unless you have specifically
| requested to maintain your Technical Committee's web pages, we will be
| disabling ftp access to your Technical Committee and the OASIS Technology
| Services group will assume web authoring responsibility.

I emphatically wish to remain in control of the DocBook and Entity
Resolution TC pages.

| To publish documents Technical Committee Chairs have only to email documents
| to submissions@oasis-open.org in MSWord, PDF, RTF, or ASCII format with
| instructions explaining where the documents or changes should be placed.

Although I recognize that there may be some expediency in doing so, I
feel obligated to point out that publication of documents in closed,
proprietary formats runs counter to what I understand to be the spirit
of the OASIS mission.

I, for one, would be happy to see OASIS adopt a policy that forbid the
publication of documents in proprietary formats.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | To the man who is afraid everything
XML Standards Engineer | rustles.--Sophocles