Subject: [chairs] FW: 36th Annual GEIA Conference Next Gen SE Panelists

Hi,
We have a request for a panelist at the 36th Annual GEIA Conference,
http://www.geia.org/conferences.htm. please contact me if you have
interest and would like more information.
Thank you,
Dee Schur
Marketing Support
OASIS
dee.schur@oasis-open.org

OASIS       	http://www.oasis-open.org
XML.ORG     	http://xml.org
XML Cover Pages	http://xml.coverpages.org
ebXML       	http://www.ebXML.org
CGM Open    	http://www.cgmopen.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Schier, Jim S. [mailto:JSchier@northropgrumman.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 8:28 PM
To: 'dee schur'; Patrick Gannon

Dee:
The target community of the conference is on the engineering of
government
systems such as Defense, NASA, Energy, FAA, etc.  In theory this is not
limited to national government but in practice, only national agencies
and
departments participate in GEIA activities.  Participants & attendees
are
normally government officials, government contractors or academic
researchers.  The focus of my panel is on the spectrum of technologies,
government initiatives, and business trends that are exerting a major
influence on how we go about designing the next bunch of government
systems.

Technologies affecting how we do business in this environment include
eBusiness, Web Services, ebXML, & business transactions -- all of the
things
you mentioned.  Since EIA is a standards development organization, the
crowd
also tends to be concerned with industry standards such as all of the
standards related to XML from IETF (XMI, XPath, XPointer, MathML, etc.),
EIA
(EIA 836, EIA 859) & ISO (STEPml).  The use of these standards is of
interest in both eBusiness (e.g., contracts & contract mods handled by
PDML
as proposed by the Defense eBusiness Program Office) and
engineering/technical areas (STEP standards for exchange of CAD/CAM data
using ISO standards).

Your brother's area of war games is partially involved through things
like
Defense Modeling & Simulation Office (DMSO) efforts to develop
distributed,
interactive M&S capabilities based on IEEE 1815 High Level Architecture
standards.  DMSO is one of the organizations invited to be a panelist.

Does that help?

Jim Schier
Northrop Grumman Information Technology - TASC
TASC Phone: 703-633-8300 x4400
On-site phone: 703-808-2693