Subject: Re: [chairs] [Fwd: OASIS Liaison Report to JTC 1/SC 34]

Chairs:

I've had a couple of questions about the topic area of SC34. I assumed
that if your TC's work was related to SC34 that you would know this, but
it's a fair question to ask :-)

A short summary is that SC34 works on SGML, HyTime, DSSSL, Topic
Maps, and schema languages.

Here's the description from the JTC1/SC34 web site at www.jtc1.org:

Standardization in the field of document structures, languages and
related facilities for the description and processing of compound and
hypermedia documents, including:
   -languages for describing document logical structures and their
support facilities
   -languages for describing document-like objects in web environments
   -document processing architecture and formatting for logical documents
   -languages for describing interactive documents
   -multilingual font information interchange and related services
   -final-form document architecture and page information interchange
   -hypermedia document sturcutring language and application resources
   -API's for document processing

-Karl

Karl Best wrote:
> OASIS chairs:
>
> JTC1/SC34, of which OASIS is a Class A Liaison member, has requested
> that OASIS make a report regarding our technical activities. If your TC
> is doing work that is applicable to SC34 would you please provide me
> with a paragraph or two in summary of what your TC is doing and the
> status of your work? I will compile these and submit them to SC34 before
> their next meeting.
>
> Please get this to me in the next couple of weeks so that I can get this
> completed; I'll be traveling the week that Sara needs this.
>
> thanks
> -Karl

Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations