Subject: Re: [chairs] Oasis document identifiers - conclusion!

I (or rather my wrists) strongly prefer the hyphen to the
underscore.

> Can any NOT live with this approach to document identifiers?

Let's see if I understand how this works.

UBL will probably publish in three parts:

   Universal Business Language -- Part 1: Naming and Design Rules
   Universal Business Language -- Part 2: Library Content
   Universal Business Language -- Part 3: Context Methodology

So I'm guessing that these would be referenced as follows:

   OASIS Standard stage:
      oasis-####-ubl-ndr-1.0.html
      oasis-####-ubl-ndr-1.0.pdf
      oasis-####-ubl-lc-1.0.html
      oasis-####-ubl-lc-1.0.pdf
      oasis-####-ubl-cm-1.0.html
      oasis-####-ubl-cm-1.0.pdf
   Committee Spec stage:
      ubl-ndr-1.0-cs.html
      ubl-ndr-1.0-cs.pdf
      ubl-lc-1.0-cs.html
      ubl-lc-1.0-cs.pdf
      ubl-cm-1.0-cs.html
      ubl-cm-1.0-cs.pdf
   Working Drafts stage:
      ubl-ndr-1.0-draft-03.html
      ubl-ndr-1.0-draft-03-diff.html
      ubl-ndr-1.0-draft-02.html
      ubl-ndr-1.0-draft-02-diff.html
      ubl-ndr-1.0-draft-01.html
      (etc.)

Is that right?  Or would these rather be

   OASIS Standard stage:
      oasis-####-ubl-1-1.0.html
      oasis-####-ubl-1-1.0.pdf
      oasis-####-ubl-2-1.0.html
      oasis-####-ubl-2-1.0.pdf
      oasis-####-ubl-3-1.0.html
      oasis-####-ubl-3-1.0.pdf
      (etc.)?

Recall that we have a Class A Liaison with ISO TC 154 in order to
move business-related specifications like UBL into ISO and that
ISO nomenclature is (e.g.) ISO 11179-1, 11179-2, etc.  So
shouldn't our scheme for standards be something like this?

      oasis-####-1-ubl-1.0.html
      oasis-####-1-ubl-1.0.pdf
      oasis-####-2-ubl-1.0.html
      oasis-####-2-ubl-1.0.pdf