Subject: Re: [chairs] Re: Quorum required for good standing

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 19:42, Jon Bosak wrote:

> This works fine for everyone else.  Why are we screwing around
> with the basic concept of a majority?

Well, I must ask, who's screwing around with the concept of a majority?
All we did was (try to) clarify the issue of what is quorum when dealing
with email votes because the argument that 'if less than a majority has
not voted there is no quorum achieved and therefore the vote does not
count' kept cropping, and it does so in perhaps not the best language
possible but with the same meaning: in email votes quorum is the same
as membership (or as you say, the concept of quorum is meaningless).