Subject: Kavi status

Chairs:

You're obviously aware of some problems we've been having with the Kavi
tools the past couple of weeks. I know that we've been remiss in not
following up with those of you who have reported problems, so I owe you
all a status update.

As part of the process of putting things back together after last
month's hacker attack we hired a security consultant to recommend some
changes to safeguard our infrastructure. The implementation of some of
these recommendations caused some conflicts with some of the Kavi
modules which resulted in some of the difficulties that you've been seeing.

We're now working on some work-arounds recommended by the folks at Kavi.
The problem effecting most of you (email notifications not being sent
when things happen) is the most serious of the problems we know about,
and should be fixed by early to mid next week. The problem of us not
being able to create new groups (e.g. subcommittees that some TCs have
asked for) should be fixed today or tomorrow. There's also a small
number of things that effect mostly staff's internal operations that
we're working on.

Our IT manager, Jeff Lomas, is taking charge of the fixes, and is
working with the folks at Kavi to get things running as quickly as
possible.

If you are experiencing problems other than those I described above
please report them to webmaster@oasis-open.org.

I'll try to do a better job of keeping you informed about the status of
our infrastructure. My apologies again for the inconvenience that our
outages have placed on you and your TCs.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org