Subject: Re: [chairs] need your comments on DocMgmt system requirements

Hmm...I suppose I should be suggesting a PDF based solution, eh? I thought that would be too blatant. Of course, we have a set of tools which could fix all of Oasis' problems, but they aint free!

Just go down to <software retailer> and buy Adobe Framemaker 7.1. Tell them Matt sent you, sometimes you will be given a discount :-)

-Matt

On Feb 18, 2004, at 5:35 PM, David RR Webber wrote:

Matt,

I'm still holding out till Adobe gives all spec' editors a free copy of the
full Acrobat editor.... ; -)

DW.
----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew MacKenzie

I'd be resistant to spending significant time and money to support more efficient MS Word authoring, when what we need to do is come up with a better way to collaborate on documents. I'm not entirely certain of the solution here, but I have a feeling it needs to be based on a document standard that is not proprietary.

Matthew MacKenzie
Senior Architect
Intelligent Documents Business Unit
Adobe Systems Canada Inc.