Subject: Re: [chairs] need your comments on DocMgmt system requirements

Sigh,

I only meant that both eclipse and netbeans offer useful front-ends. Of
course, they are both
Open Source projects and as such non-proprietary, but all that aside...
the point is that there
are a gazillion CVS clients available. You don't like one, you have a sea
of others from which
to choose. You can use any platform you like as well.

As the old French adage goes "chacun en son gout!".

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html
phone: +1 508 377 9295

Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com> wrote on 02/18/2004 05:30:16 PM:

> I'm in the process of reading and reviewing this thread, having read
> the document Karl sent out yesterday, and I plan to summarize my own
> thoughts at the current end, when I get there, but in the meantime,
> when I come across a note like this one, I want to say that while
> NetBeans works for me, I don't think it would fly for OASIS to be
> tied to any proprietary solution.
>
> Ciao,
> Rex
>
> At 9:54 AM -0500 2/18/04, Christopher B Ferris wrote:
> >David,
> >
> >Have you seen WebCVS? CVS is NOT only accessible via the command-line.
Not