Subject: Re: [chairs] need your comments on DocMgmt system requirements

Tom Bellwood wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> Perhaps I've mised some key part of this thread, but I think that
> mandating a source document format will cause a lot of unnecessary
> work for a lot of people. Certainly from a requirements perspective,
> I'd have to register that our TC requires the ability to do
> multi-editor change control, the ability to manage a large document
> (between 400-500 pages), support for complex document forms, figures,
> multiple editors, etc.

The WS Reliable Messaging TC requires all editor's drafts to be done in
Open office text format.  We post PDFs, with and without change bars,
and the OPen office source for each editorial revision of our editor's
drafts.

Tom Rutt
WSRM TC

However, we also post contributions in many forms.  For proprietary
formatts (such as Rational Rose .mdl) we zip the
document before posting it to KAVI.

> Thanks,
> Tom Bellwood Phone: (512) 838-9957 (external); TL: 678/9957 (internal)
> Co-Chair, OASIS UDDI Specification TC
> STSM - Emerging Technologies
> IBM Corporation

Tom Rutt		email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@fsw.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133