Subject: New OASIS logo campaign?

Since the BOD have created a new set of IPR policies I was
wondering if a logo awareness effort - like the "Intel Inside"
idea could work here?

Customers can then buy product that has the "OASIS Inside" logo
on the packaging or on-screen materials that is guaranteeing them
better aspects about that solution.

I'm just wondering here what theme works best and what consumer
message connects to want to make people buy product with IPR-policy
associated with it - rather than non-IPR-policy products?

Gartner said this: Gartner research director, Ray Valdes,
applauded the flexibility of the OASIS IPR Policy, noting,
"The diversity of information technology systems built today
is increasing significantly. This is not only with regard to their
scope, complexity, and interoperability, but also in the way
these systems are built, and in the types of organizations that
build them.  These changes require standards organizations
to articulate a broader set of approaches to intellectual
property issues than has been the case in the past."

I'm not sure what this says though; is there something good or better here,
or
just more complicated?!  We have to be careful what message is being sent
obviously.  One thing mentioned is interoperability.  Are we giving better
interoperability here, or just more IPR options, or protection from
IPR options?  Or is there some future proofing we are giving here - that
ensures better retention cycles for solutions?

I'm brainstorming here a bit - I thought this was going to be easy to
figure - like "OASIS IPR Inside", but now I see that might be problematic.

How about "OASIS IPR-safe Inside" - that might be better?

That's a bit problematic though too - the US Government is issuing IPR
and we are making people safe from it?  How does that work?

Maybe we have to avoid all mention of IPR altogether - because
vendors are actually the ones applying for the IPR in the first place that
is then what we're are trying to safeguard people from - so that's a
bit of a mixed message too?

Perhaps then the simple "OASIS Specifications Inside" and ignoring all
mention of IPR altogether is the safest path?

I guess once we have figured out a message then we can engage the
graphics artists to create an eye-catching image.  I was thinking of
something like a silhouette terrorist with a red circle and crossed out
hatching at first - but given that its probably best to avoid any reference
to IPR maybe a simple scroll type image with wings is appropriate?

Well this was my idea for the day - maybe its not very feasible afterall.

Not sure if anyone else has better inspiration?

I'll try a cup of "Fair Trade" coffee here to see if that works better!

DW