Subject: Re: [chairs] TC attendance rules

[Martin Chapman:]

| TC chair discretion is bad IMHO.

I agree.

| For those of us that work in multiple TCs it is very important to have
| rules applied consistently.

And for those of us who manage TCs with upwards of 100 people,
it's important that the rules can be applied mechanically.

[David Cruikshank:]

| My TC is currently in a dedicated technical effort finalizing a
| spec and having bi-weekly telecons.  The chances of someone
| missing a few telecons in this agressive schedule is pretty great.

Which is why we want to make it three missed in a row instead of
two missed in a row.

| Much of the technical work is done via email between telecons and
| it's this activity that really progresses the work.  Issue
| resolutions are being recorded in this activity and will be
| formally agreed with a ballot during one of the telecons.

So call the work sessions "work sessions" instead of "meetings"
and hold your real meetings every once in a while at a time
everyone can attend.  You only have to do that once a year to keep
the TC running.

Jon