Subject: Re: [chairs] Simplified TC attendance rules

Oh, this was never answered. See inline:

On 08/12/2005 01:01 PM, Diane Jordan wrote:

> Thanks Jamie, but I still would like a clarification:
> - a person applies to join a TC.  They are an applicant until until
> approved by their company's primary representative.
Yes

> - once approved they become a member.

Yes

> - if they attend 2 consecutive meetings, they get voting rights.

Yes.

> - if they do not attend 2 consecutive meeting, they get voting rights
> after 60 days.

Yes, if it is a TC that holds Meetings (most TCs fall under this
classification). Otherwise, in the case of TCs that do not hold
Meetings, the conditions are different.

> - voting rights are lost again after missing 2 consecutive meetings.

Yes (in the case of a TC that holds Meetings)

> Is this right?  I've noticed there are a number of people who enroll in
> the BPEL TC and never attend any meetings.  They used to be observers
> but now are members.  We meet weekly, which may make our situation a bit
> more dynamic - after 60 days we would give them voting rights and then
> taking them away again 2 meetings later.

Actually, this is not totally right. The 60 days apply only in the case
of obtaining voting rights for the first time after joining the TC (and
only in the case of someone joining the TC after the first meeting). Once
a TC Member has had voting rights in that TC, the only requirement to
re-gain voting rights after losing them is to attend two consecutive
meetings. It would seem than in the case of your TC these people would
lose voting rights very quickly and never regain them, which is exactly
what this rule tries to attain: if you don't play you don't get to vote...

> It used to be that attendance
> requirements had to be met during the probationary period before voting
> rights were conferred.  That still seems like an appropriate bar to get
> voting rights.

And it is still the case. The problem is...? I'm not quite sure I
understand what you're driving at.

HTH

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Corporate Standards            |         Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 (internal x31442)