Subject: Re: [chairs] Cost of conference bridge?

Duane

Firstly I agree that VOIP is not yet of sufficient quality to support
50+ users on a conference bridge.

However, the request to sponsor or host a conference bridge is not about
the long distance call costs. I don't see why members dialling in
shouldn't call a long-distance US number. The cost of hosting toll-free
numbers is around twice the costs of buying a calling card for the same
time period, and I don't see why members shouldn't self-fund their own
costs.

However, having a centrally organised conference bridge of good enough
quality for our TCs seems a reasonable request.

Paul

--

Paul Fremantle