Subject: RE: [chairs] TC FAQ Template

- RSS is an option in either one today.
- Forums tend to be set up a little better for "watch this topic and let me know whenever updated"
- I do like the editorial control of the BLOG

- How would you handle drive-bys in either scenario?
Register to post (fine) email confirmation with IP legalese click to register account (fine)
But what if we wanted to...Do we let a drive-by start a Blog section?  Do we moderate the comments? Does it come back to the top of the list when someone responds to last weeks issue?
- Blog is perfect for a finite number of [Subcommittee chairs] [good minutes takers] [evangelists] to control outgoing presentation.

I agree that the distinction is blurry.

I like the anonymous readers

Would an early mention in the archived BBS/Blog provide a defense against spurious prior art claims?

tc

From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:41 PM
To: Bill Parducci
Cc: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org; Jeff Mischkinsky

Bill,

The line blurs here - I've seen blogs operated that look and feel identically to forums.

The big + on the blog is the rss feed mechanism.  Plus - I think that most TC chairs would want to manage this somewhat depending on their TC needs.

The ability to have a FAQ built-in to the blog is also appealing - that can be quickly updated to respond to input, etc - the sidebar menuing on blog is perfect for that use.

The member mail archive lists already have that feel - it may be conflicting to have two such.

A forum is a little too ad hoc at times! ; -)

DW