Subject: RE: [chairs] Discontinuing Applicant and Prospective Member roles

2 replies inline.

Scott...

Scott said: All OASIS members (humans with a user account) can view TC
Members-only pages, sorry for the collision of the members and Members
terminology.  Someday we'll have a discussion on the right terms to end that
confusion once and for all.  (I am still partial to Bosak's acronym--
PEOTCP)

> I just admitted
>two people as Members today (before your note) because they, as Observers,
>could not find that link.
Scott said:  Someone on the roster (as Observer, or otherwise) won't see the
"Join" button because they are on the roster and thus can't really join.
Until we add the next set of tools (next quarter) you'll need to continue to
manually manage Observer to Member transitions, following the rules and/or
asking TC Admin or your Staff Contact for guidance.  The next tool roll-out
will include automatic transition tools, similar to the new join tool.