Subject: Has anyone serialized ICAL/VCAL to XML?

As we add enterprise scheduling functionality to oBIX, it is very clear that using an existing enterprise scheduling standard, such as ICAL, would be ideal. Unfortunately it appears that the W3 XCAL team fell into a hole several years ago and can’t get up.

Has anyone serialized ICAL to XML? Aside from the numerous decisions during the *that* portion of affairs, I would like to share/borrow/appropriate anybody’s approach to nesting the contract payload within/near/beside the ICAL object.

Any pointers to existing OASIS (or other) work?

tc

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." -- David Thoreau

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina