Subject: RE: [chairs] OASIS document repository links - short path works!

David,

That is to the download of the document.  I don't like to follow blind URLs to content, especially in e-mails where I can't ask for downloading instead of opening of the resource (and where the resource is not necessarily something I allow my browser to open).  Is there something similar for access to the "details" summary page that lists that document and any other versions of it, so I know what I am getting into without committing myself first?

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
------------------
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 08:27
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

This was a bit of a "Duh!" moment for me today - when by accident I re-discovered that:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36147

works - in lieu of:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36147/some-horribly-long-document-name-goes-here-that-wraps-awkwardly-in-email-postings.pdf

When referencing folks to committee work documents - this is obviously very handy!

Enjoy, DW