ciq message

Subject: RE: Successful Integration of NAML with GlobalAddress

Hello Vincent

I used your last docs. to do the integration. The integration is more of
merging name specs. and address specs. Of course success is not
declared here as there is still lot more room for improvement and
discussions. Ofcourse
it has to be measured and it has to be voted.

> > Given that I do not have access to the GlobalAddress DTD
> V1.2, I used the
> > notes circulated
> > by Vincent Buller about V1.2, re-wrote the GlobalAddress
> DTD to become the
> > OASIS DTD for
> > address by including the address elements in NAML that were
> missing in
> > GlobalAddress DTD.
>
> Emmm.... I did circulate the Schema which could easily have
> been converted
> into the DTD - I did not do this before because I wanted to take the
> richness of the Schema spec into the discussion.

>I doubt this
> re-doing of
> the work did justice to my efforts put into it earlier, nor
> do I see any
> response to my lengthy list of considerations and design
> choices in the mail
> I sent out two.5 weeks ago.

Vincent, I think you have got me wrong here. Please note that
the address DTD of xNAL is basically Global Address DTD. Therefore,
the work that you have done is basically what is in this DTD. Rather than
having said "re-wrote" I should have said "re-structured". Sorry about that.
I did send you a long mail that had my comments about GlobalAddress
Spec. that I reviewed thoroughly and it did have my respnoses to your
list of considerations.

> > I have also successfully componentised the DTD for Name and
> address into
> > three. They are:
> >
> > xNL DTD : eXtensible Name Language for defining a name in detail
> > (Person/Company)
> > xAL DTD : eXtensible Address Language for defining an
> address in detail.
> >
> > xNAL DTD : eXtensible Name and Address DTD for defining
> name and address.
> >
> > xNAL uses xNL and xAL as references.
> >
> > I have also completed writing the DTD and the
> specifications document for
> > xCIL (eXtensible Customer Information Language).
> >
> > xCIL DTD uses xNL DTD and xAL DTD as references.
> >

> > Work Completed
> > -------------------------
> > * Generation of the DTDs for Name and Address (xNL, xAL, and xNAL)
> > * Specifications Document for Name DTD (xNL)
> > * Sample examples for Name DTD (xNL)
> > * Generation of the DTD for Customer Information (xCIL)
> > * Specifications Document for Customer Information (xCIL)
> >
> > Work to be Completed
> > --------------------------------
> > * Specifications document for Address DTD (xAL)
> > * Sample examples for Address DTD (xAL)
> > * Sample examples for Name and Address DTD (xNAL)
> > * Sample examples for Customer Information (xCIL)
> >
> > Any comments?
>

> Just: where are the aforementioned specs? Where is the discussion?

I *WILL* circulate them ASAP as I am doing some tidy up work. Please
bear with me. No work will be successful without having a discussion and
I understand that. Please note that I do all the work on DTD and specs. my
self and I do not have anybody to help me in my company to write
DTDs/schemas
or specs.  Therefore, please do bear with me. It is still a long way to go!

Ram