ciq message

Subject: RE: Potential for co-operation with CEN,The Eurpoean StandardizationBody

David

> Ram,
>
> OK - I know where they are coming from on this.  Not sure they are
> 100% right - and certainly we would want to harmonize this with
> Core Component and Context work of ebXML.

Agreed.

> For my money I think what you have is more what people expect,
> and then coupled with storing the context and UID references in
> an ebXML registry - should round out the need.

Correct. We have to integrate the CIQ work with ebXML.

I took CEN's sample addresses in their specs (addresses
from Finland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, France, Sweden, and UK)
and
tried to XMLify it with xNAL. I just works perfectly. I have sent the
XMLified data to
CEN to let them know the work we have done.

> We'd have to work some real scenarios however to show all this
> in action....

I am looking for suggestions.

Is anyone interested to attend the CEN meeting on 29th June? Please
let me know. Looks like I have some problems regarding travel grants.

> The CEN folks should also be coordinating thru Alain and the XML/edi
> efforts they have working and Martin Bryan.

Who are Alain and Martin Bryan?

> Would be good to suggest to Martin and Alain that possible one
> aspect of a pilot could cover this for a look and learn
> discovery effort...

Regards

Ram