ciq message

Subject: RE: PROPOSAL TO CEN

Marcus

CEN TC 331 is the Eurpoean Standardisation Body that
concentrates on developing International name and address
standards. It is understood that the CEN/TC331/WG3 is planning to develop
an XML language for name and address in cooperation with UPU, USPS,
the GCA, the Direct Mail Advisory Board and the UN/EDIFACT group.
It is still in an enquiry phase and the XML language has not been
implemented
as such.  Note that OASIS and IDEA Alliance (CPExchange) are members of GCA.

CEN is very interested to have a close look at xNAL and are infact
impressed with the amount of work we have done. They are now
trying to set up a working relationship with our group. I therefore,
wrote a detailed proposal for them to consider at their plenary meeting on
June 28. I am sure they will be keen to work closely with us as we
have already developed an XML standard for representing "Global"
name and address data.

Regards

Ram