ciq message

Subject: RE: [cpexchange-wg] OASIS Standards for customer information

Marcus

The conference call did not go ahead.

> 1) Are we going to working parallel to the standards OASIS
> has listed there
> or we'll be attempting to complement/review what we/they have?
> 2) Should I consider these documents the bases on which we'll
> continue to
> develop xNAL?

CPExchange does more than what xNAL or xCIL does. CPExchange
concentrates on privacy of customer data. The idea is that CPExchange
can use xNAL and xCIL to represent customer data while using its other
layers such as privacy, etc.

We will concentrate only on representing customer data and not on issues
like privacy, transport, security, etc. We can always use standards like
CPExchange,
ebXML, etc. to achieve this.

Given that "Global" customer data is the key and given that we have done
it with xNAL and xNAL is truly application independent, CPExchange is keen
to have a close look at our work.

It is too early at this stage to know what CPExchange is actually looking
for
in xNAL and xCIL.

Regards

Ram