ciq message

Subject: RE: CIQ, xNL, xAL

Ram,

Do we yet have an engine/technology that is able to extract and normalize address books into XML?  It is my understanding that ebXML is more of a horizontal spec, not really dealing with the vertical processes of data integration/extraction.  The reason I'm asking is because we have extensive know-how in extracting data from virtually 18 PIM applications (i.e. Lotus Notes, Eudora, RIM, MS Outlook, Netscape, Act! and many others).  The API, which we dubbed ICE (Internet Content Extractor), may be a base to work with, assuming we don't yet have such framework in place.  Of course, for xNL/xAL, there will be much more to be spec out, but I was just wondering if it would be useful in any way, even if the logic of it.

Cheers,

Marcus Goncalves
Chief Knowledge Officer
Virtual Access Networks, Inc.
>>Awarded the best enterprise product at Comdex 2000<<
360 Merrimack Street, Bldg 1, 2nd floor - Lawrence, MA 01843
http://www.thevan.com
Email: mgoncalves@thevan.com - ICQ 5957163
Ph: 978-722-7107 - Cell: 508-353-1885 - Fax: 978-794-4363
Main number: 978-725-3322
Pers. HP: http://members.aol.com/goncalvesv/private/writer.htm

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.